Sunday, October 9, 2011

Good News and Fun Times!!!

I have some GREAT news!!! I am finally transferring out of my current branch and moving on to a better work environment!!! I have one week left at my current branch and on October 17th I start at the new branch!! I am so excited to be in a better place!!! I hope it works out well for me!! There's many reasons that it will inevitably be better for me...it's closer to my house making my commute easier and saving on gas, I'll be able to go home for lunch saving on eating out and being able to comply with my diet a little easier, and I'll be working with two of my favorite coworkers!! I am nervous to go back to this branch just because times have changed and things will be different there but I'm just hoping that I won't be in such a hostile work environment and that I will actually be appreciated there! Wish me luck!!!

Yesterday I had to work and I was trying to get out early so we could drive up to Logan for my niece's 4th birthday party! Everyone else was heading up earlier in the morning but I was scheduled til 3:15. I did have a half an hour of overtime that I needed to make up (we aren't allowed overtime pay unless it's absolutely necessary) so one of my bosses arranged for me to be off at 2:45! I got to work and the other boss remembered that I wanted to go up there to be with my family and she let me leave at 1:00 instead!!! I was SO excited for that!!! That RARELY happens for me so I was incredibly thankful!! We drove up to Logan and I changed out of my work clothes and almost immediately we headed off for a round of miniature golf!!! The course was all decked out in Halloween decor and was playing Halloween music so it was a really fun game of mini golf!!! Of course most of us were cheating but we weren't keeping score so it was fun just to get out and have fun with the family!!! When we finished our game we headed off to dinner at Old Grist Mill...kind of like a Subway but BETTER...MUCH MUCH better!!! I had a half turkey sandwich and a cup of their delicious cream of potato soup!! YUM!!! We enjoyed it!! After dinner we went back to my sister's house to relax and enjoy each other's company. We headed for home at about 8:30 and when we got there it was definitely bedtime!!! It was such a fun day and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to go spend time with my family!! I am so happy whenever I get to see my cute niece's!!! My sisters took some fun pictures so I will post those when I get them!! All in all it was such a fun day yesterday and today is dedicated to relaxing and cleaning up the house! I also plan to have a Doris Day marathon!!! :D Good times!!

1 comment:

Kerry Hoaglund said...

Correction...Doris Day Marathon is off.