So I had a sorta rough week this week. Monday I was forced to consume only clear liquids....I wasn't allowed ANY solid foods in preparation for my colonoscopy on Tuesday morning. I have never taken a laxative before and man I could definitely live without it...I was SO sick all day and night on Monday.
On Tuesday I woke up and was almost excited to get to the hospital for the procedure! I wanted to feel better again and I hadn't slept that night before so being put to sleep and feeling better when I woke up sounded incredibly amazing to me! I got to the hospital and they got me all checked in and asleep I went....AHHHH, BLISS!!! I guess when I was starting to come to I started groaning like my body was saying..."PLEASE DON'T WAKE ME UP!!!" I do that on mornings when it's time to wake up and I REALLY wish I could stay asleep. I got home and rested as much as I could but I still wasn't feeling great. Better, but not great.
Wednesday I went back to work. I was scheduled for an open to close shift. On my way to work I received a text from my coworker that she thinks that the auditors are in the parking lot. OH GREAT!!! Come back from a medical procedure to a crappy shift AND auditors!!! It is an incredibly stressful day when you have auditors at work because they follow you around all day long to make sure you are doing your job right and they breathe down your neck while they search for any mistakes that you make. They interview you and ask you all these questions one on one and it is incredibly intimidating. I got scared...and I said some REALLY stupid answers because of it. Thank goodness our auditor had mercy on me because she watched me more than the rest of the tellers since I'm the vault teller and have more responsibility than the rest of them and she saw that I really do know what I'm doing. She said she'd overlook the few stupid responses I had....WHEW!!!
Today was day 2 of the audit and I felt it went better than day 1. It was still incredibly stressful but at least I had more of my head with me today. It was a VERY long day today but I'm thankful that for me the audit is over. I took tomorrow off as a vacation day a couple weeks ago and I'm SO glad I did. I get to miss out on day 3 of the audit!!! YAY!!! We'll find out the results of the audit (whether we passed or failed) in about 15 days or so. Hopefully we did well.
Off the subject...I had a brush with Karma the other day and I'm LOVING it!!! Ok...every once in a while I curse Karma because it bit me in the butt but it's never been too bad to me...this time...Karma is on MY side!!! So about a week or two ago I applied for a job that I would KILL for...and I didn't even get an interview because of the recruiter. I wrote the recruiter an email saying that I felt she made a mistake, that I believe I'm perfect for the job and that I can do it, etc. She wrote me back an INCREDIBLY condescending email about why she doesn't think I'm qualified and that she thinks that I will not be good for the job, etc. From the way the email sounded...it was like she took offense to my questioning her decision to cut me out of the applicants who were to be interviewed for the position. I didn't write it in an offensive way...I was basically begging her to give me a second chance. She shot me down and then treated me like I was a five year old who didn't know how recruiting worked. So I let it go. I didn't want to keep arguing with her...I told her how I felt and made my peace with her decision to cut me regardless.
Yesterday the woman from the department that I applied for (who was the one who told me to apply in the first place and who was one of the interviewers for that position) went up to Jonathan and told him that ALL of the applicants the recruiter sent her bombed. She said there were 85 applicants and of those 13 of them were sent by the recruiter to be interviewed. They did a phone interview with those 13 and of those 2 of them made it to a formal interview...BOTH of them washed out. They didn't like EITHER ONE!!! So they talked to the recruiter and said they wanted to repost the position lowering the minimum requirements so that they can find someone who will fit the position better than any of the ones she sent them. She also told Jonathan that she wants me to resubmit my resume for the same position and try again. WHAT?!!! Yeah....Karma lady!!! Be nice to people and give people a chance...or at least be respectful of them and don't be so condescending!!! So I resubmitted my resume tonight as soon as the posting showed up again and we'll see how it goes. I would absolutely LOVE this job...it would be perfect!!! It would be a five dollar an hour raise for me and it's 8-5 Mon-Fri with benefits and it's an office setting with nice people and I'd get a desk and a chair (I'm partial to jobs with chairs since they took our chairs away from us at the bank and we are expected to stand for 40 hours a week)!!! I would be ECSTATIC to get that job...or even to get an interview for that job...but I am still happy that not one of those people that she claimed were SO qualified for that job didn't get it. I know that's sorta bad but it's just one of those things. Funny thing is I sorta had a feeling that something was going to happen like that...I thought either the person they hired would get fired or quit within a few weeks because they couldn't handle it or that they wouldn't be able to find someone. I just had that feeling.
I'm feeling incredibly lucky to have a second chance at this job, though. I feel like it's a sign or something. I really think that job would do me a LOT of good. It would be an incredibly experience to have on my resume and it would get me into the medical field which is something I've been wanting to do (especially lately since I discovered the dietetics program). I really hope that this time I get an interview but I'm trying not to get my hopes up again because it will be the same recruiter that I questioned and she may just have it out for me now since she probably feels I insulted her expertise. Hopefully she's better than that, though. I would really like a fair shot at this job!!! Wish me luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment