The results are in for my colonoscopy...everything looks healthy...so far. They want to do some more blood work (how much more blood are doctors going to take from me?!!) to see if I have Celiac...an intolerance to Gluten products. I got the paperwork the other day to take to the lab and I'm going to try to get in on Saturday morning so they can draw even more blood from me to run tests. Since the colonoscopy came out normal, both on the regular colonoscopy and the biopsies, they think that the reason I'm sick all the time is because I may have this gluten intolerance which means that anything with wheat, barley, or rye will be off my menu permanently. SAD!!!! You can read more about Celiac Disease HERE. I am getting really nervous about why I'm sick all the time. I just hope it's nothing too serious. Between Jonathan's Bipolar and my poor health...we are at the doctor's office A LOT! The thing that's frustrating is that I used to be so healthy all the time. I NEVER got sick. I rarely felt under the weather and I never had to go to the dr more than my yearly woman appointments. No it seems like I'm in the doctor's office once a week or so. Oh well...hopefully they'll find out what's wrong with my body soon so I don't have to keep going all the time.
Jonathan's first day of therapy was on Monday afternoon. I was so upset because I was stuck at work and couldn't get out of it and it's really important that I go with him to therapy. I know that most people disagree with spouses going to therapy together unless it's couples therapy but with bipolar it's different. Most of the time bipolars don't pay attention or don't remember everything that is told to them and they can only remember bits and pieces of conversations. Sometimes they flat out don't comply so it's VERY important that someone who lives with them or is close to them goes with them regularly to make sure they are complying. On top of that bipolar is a very outward disease so a lot of times they don't even notice their own behavior...it's like they have tunnel vision and can't focus on anyone but themselves and how they are feeling. Luckily Jonathan's therapist let him record the session on his phone for me to listen to later. Most therapists won't do that for liability reasons but she knew how important it was that I am involved in the therapy process. Anyway...the session went incredibly well. It was basically Jonathan giving her his history and background. She recommended a book called "Loving Someone With Bipolar" which I'm eager to pick up so I can start reading! I think it's helping us just to know that we are taking more steps to further our progress and to get the support we need to make our marriage successful and to help us both in healing and moving forward. I have been having a REALLY rough time trying to get my schedule to work out with the therapist's but I can't wait until I can get in! I'm so lucky that Jonathan is complying so far with his medication and therapy treatments! I think that is what keeps me going...knowing that I'm important enough to him to push him to keep going. We'll keep you updated on the therapy progress as much as we can.
Life is so crazy right now with all this work and doctor stuff. I'm really trying to keep open about this which Jonathan is a big fan of because he knows how important it is for me to get the help and support I need and to be able to share our progress and our feelings openly. I'm making a huge effort to keep positive about things even though it's a really tough spot we're in. We're staying hopeful and just pushing forward. Hopefully we'll have a normal-ish life in the future and things won't be so intense. Wish us luck!!!
2 comments:
I'm glad that you are making progress in everything! Also, I forgot to email back and found your card again today. We would love to come up for dinner sometime. Let us know when works for you. We will be going home one more time next weekend and then my school will start, but evenings are pretty free. And thanks for the invite!
Thanks Ashley!!! I will find out when I'm off during the week next and we'll plan something awesome for you!!!
Post a Comment