Sunday, February 28, 2010

Starting Over

Ok...I know I had some posts on here before but honestly I just haven't kept up with this so I deleted all of them and I'm starting over. Where to begin...let's see...we'll start with the divorce. I got divorced almost a year ago and some really bad things came of it and some really good things came of it. Of the good things I got from the divorce the best was that it was a huge learning experience. I learned to speak up for what you want because you're not going to get it hoping someone else will guess what it is you need. I learned how to budget money and stop spending freely without thinking of the consequences it will bring later. I learned that hard work and determination does pay off eventually...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week...but eventually it does pay off. I learned that there is more than one soul mate out there for me and that different choices lead you to those different soul mates. I learned that I won't be sad forever...it will pass. I learned that it's ok to be spontaneous sometimes but to keep structure to keep yourself in the right direction. I learned that people really do come and go and you can't change that but just enjoy the company while you have it. I also learned that starting over, though difficult, is the most important thing you can do...as long as you start over and don't dwell on the past for too long.

So I'm starting over. I'm turning the page of my past and starting a new chapter for my future. Today I'm deciding to really just let go of all the sadness and let go of all the frustration and loneliness and actually try to have a real life. A life without so much sorrow and pain. I'm dedicating my blog to helping me be a more positive person and to helping me deal with my current issues so I can move on without holding onto too much garbage. I don't know if anyone is going to read this but it's really important to me that if you are reading this you acknowledge it and let me know somehow that I'm not alone. It's really important to me to have moral support throughout these struggles that I'm dealing with. I hope that I can overcome the obstacles that are in my life and I'm hoping that this blog will be my journal through it all so I can see how far I've come. If you are choosing to read this...thank you for grabbing my hand when I needed someone to take mine.

5 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

In the immortal words of Joe Dirt:
Keep on Keepin' On! Best wishes and luck on living your best path.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again! I'm sorry for everything that you've gone through. I'm sure that this past year has been really tough, I can't even imagine. You are definitely not alone!!

Chantalle R. said...

I love clean slates. It gives the opportunity to create something beautiful. I know it has been a long time but I am here for you. Loved talking with you today. :)

BrooklynBridge said...

Kerry I have been where you are. It is never easy! Ive been divorced for 4 years this month, Time goes by so fast and its true for me that if I'm not happy I'm just wasting time, So I try to concentrate on that. Im so glad you are doing well and just know that you are loved by so many people. Im so glad you are blogging again :)
love you xoxo!

tammy said...

hi Kerry,
I just found your blog and was giving it a quick read. I think your goal to be more positive is great and we could all use a little help with that. It's good to have you reaching out again. We care.
Love ya',
Aunt Tammy